Friday, January 18, 2013

Gone Too Soon

Gone Too Soon by Daughtry

Today could've been the day 
That you blow out your candles 
Make a wish as you close your eyes 
Today could've been the day 
Everybody was laughin' 
Instead I just sit here and cry 

Who would you be? 
What would you look like 
When you looked at me for the very first time 
Today could've been the next day of the rest of your life 

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you 
I'm always asking why this crazy world had to lose 
Such a ray of light we never knew 
Gone too soon, yeah 

Would you have been president? 
Or a painter, a author or sing like your mother 
One thing is evident 
Would've give all I had 
Would've loved you like no other 

Who would you be? 
What would you look like 
Would you have my smile and her eyes? 
Today could've been the next day of the rest of your life 

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you 
I'm always asking why this crazy world had to lose 
Such a ray of light we never knew 
Gone too soon, yeah 

Not a day goes by, oh 
I'm always asking why, oh 

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you 
I'm always asking why this crazy world had to lose 
Such a beautiful life we never knew 
Gone too soon 
You were gone too soon, yeah 

And not a day goes by 
That I don't think of you

No comments:

Post a Comment