Wednesday, September 18, 2013

4 years

A lot was going on around this time 4 years ago. We were in the process of buying our house and getting our apartment packed up. We were also newlyweds, which is huge in of itself. But something EXTRA HUGE happened on this day 4 years ago.

Paul was a 2A and worked the early morning Friday shift at work. I got up to get ready for work but decided to do something first. I took a pregnancy test, I wasn't technically late, but had a feeling. And this is what I saw....



I absolutely freaked out. I was completely ecstatic. I immediately called Paul and told me- there was no way I was going to make it through a day at work without telling him. He was of course thrilled. 

That evening after work we decided to have an impromptu date night- one of the things I loved about living in Tulsa, everything was right there. I'm sure we went to dinner but I have no clue where. We went to Barnes & Noble and picked up a few pregnancy books, walked around the baby section at Target and "ohhh" and "ahhh" at everything, and then we ended the night putt-putting. 


It was such a fantastic evening. We were on cloud 9, and we had a secret that no one else knew and we relished in it. The next day Paul took off work and we went to an Arkansas Razorback game with my parents- still keeping our secret and giving each other secret smiles and winks.


Words cannot truly describe what we went through those first few days. There was so much love and so much excitement shared between us. Little did we know our lives would change forever in just 4 short weeks, but at this moment 4 years ago, we were happy. 

We still love our Peanut and always will. 



No comments:

Post a Comment