From everyone that knew I was pregnant, I wasn't expecting an ultrasound today, just a doppler scan to hear the heartbeat so when Dr. Tran came in and said let's take a look, I was very excited. As soon as she put the wand thing (the word escapes me right now) on my belly, I could see our lil punkin and it's heartbeat. It was kicking like crazy and kept waving at the camera. I can't wait until I can feel those kicks! I think it might have gotten hiccups or was very upset we woke him/her because it had 2 full body jerks and as appalling as it was it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Then she turned the heartrate monitor on and we got to listen to it's heartbeat for a little bit. Then she sent me home with two pictures in tow.
In the pictures she got, lil punkin's curled up in the first one and mid kick in the 2nd one!
I go back for the 3rd visit on July 28th, I will be 17 weeks along at that point. Paul and I have to decide if we want to do the Quad Screen blood test. It tests for things like Down Syndrome and spina bifida. I'm weighing the pros and cons until that appointment, so any and all opinions are welcome. I know that knowing would worry me and it wouldn't change how much I love this baby, but it might be nice to know in advance to make plans and do some research, so I'm still torn.
Paul and I are very excited and can't wait until we can feel the baby move or find out the sex so we can start shopping! The next coming months are going to be an exciting whirlwind and I'm so happy to share it with all of you!
I guess I should share that I am due on January 5th, 2011. Yay for a New Year's baby!


first and foremost, CONGRATS on the new addition to your family! I totally support the tests you two are having done. knowing what to expect and what to prepare for is the right thing to do. I know that an addition to your family will be a beautiful and amazing blessing!
ReplyDeleteYAYYYYYYY!!! I'm so excited for you guys and I can't wait to follow this big adventure! I wish you all the best!!!
ReplyDeleteWe just had our second quad screen test & everything came back normal but we just wanted to know so we could be prepared for any special needs the baby had. It definitely put our minds at ease. (plus we got a couple extra ultrasounds out of it :) ) Congrats guys!
ReplyDelete