Today, Paul and I went to our second anatomy scan this morning. It was a lot harder to drink the water and keep it down! Once we got to the Imaging Center, I started to feel sick to my stomach from drinking so much water and then, deja vu happened.
The ultrasound tech that met me at the counter was the same tech at my ultrasound almost a year ago when I realized that the baby I thought I was going to have wasn't there. Obviously, he had no idea of his negative appearance in my mind, but my heart rate went up as soon as I saw him. Luckily, our negative meeting from 11 months ago was surpassed by a positive one.
Rylee's little heart was beating and she's grown so much in 5 weeks! He had a hard time getting her on the screen because she was so big! The top of her head is to the upper left (right if you're looking at me) of my belly button and her face is right under my belly button. He had to do some interesting positions with the transducer to get the pics the radiologist needed since the facial pictures were part of the problem with the initial anatomy scan.
He made sure that she is a girl, because I told him I would hurt him if he said anything different! HAHA! Definitely girl bits down there, or should I saw lack of boy parts!
Her heart rate was only 122bpm which worries me a little bit because she's consistently been in the 140's, and she hardly moved at all during the scan, but the fact is it was beating :) And I've felt her quite a bit since 11:30am so I'm thinking she was in a deep sleep and very relaxed. At least that's what I'm telling myself.
This tech told us more than the last one did. Her brain/skull is measuring at 22w3d even though I'm 23w2d, but he said there is +/- a week in the calculations, so basically nothing to worry about I guess. He told us she is weighing in at 1lb3oz, which according to the pregnancy application I use is right on target for 23 weeks! I can't believe she was only 8oz 5 weeks ago! She's growing so much, and she has a ways to go! She;s laying in a transverse position, basically left to right across my stomach.
Hopefully, I will hear something by next week about what the radiologist thinks of the scans.
Next week, I will be 24 weeks. Yay viability date!! Rylee could technically survive with the best doctor's and medicine, nothing I hope to depend on, but it's still a milestone I'm excited to reach. Also, next week, I have my glucose tolerance test on Thursday. I really am hoping to pass because I don't know how I'll do the 3-hour fasting test.
On a non-pregnancy related note, I go in for a single wisdom tooth removal on Monday. I still have all 4 because my dentist was confident that as long as they weren't causing me problems there was no need to have them removed yet. Well, my upper left one broke sometime recently, I had an panoramic X-ray and they consulted with a oral surgeon. The consensus is that I need to have the 1 removed ASAP using local anesthetic only, and then after Rylee's here I will need to have the other 3 removed using general/IV anesthesia. So that is now how I expected to spend a day next week, but it is necessary to prevent further breaking and possible nerve exposure.
Once my mom gets back in town, I will have her scan the pictures I got today and post them. I'll also update when I get the ultrasound and glucose results back
No comments:
Post a Comment