Thursday, November 4, 2010

Her Little Lips

So I've finally gained some weight, a whole 3 pounds! WooHoo! I'm thinking I won't gain more than 20 pounds total, but who knows, guess I should start that walking/exercising thing to make sure.

Dr. Tran surprised me and did an ultrasound today. Got to see all of Miss Rylee, in sections of course. She's grown so much since the last ultrasound 2 months ago! I could barely believe it! We could still see her spine, and even her rib cage (I'd never seen her ribs before) so that was cool. She's head down, with her feet almost in my rib cage. I knew I had some pains there, now I know why :) Dr. Tran concentrated on her face a lot and then she did the cutest thing (so far), she started smacking her lips. I decided that was her telling me she was hungry and stopped at the QT after the appointment for a snack. We watched for awhile to see if she would stick her tongue out but no such luck. She's weighing a little over 3 pounds, maybe almost 3.5. Dr. Tran doesn't like to make guesses so she was really hard-pressed to answer the "how big do you think she'll be" question. She explained there are so much factors to weigh in, the main one being when she's born. She decided to tell us that if she's born around 37 weeks (full term) then she'll probably weigh around 6 pounds, if I go the full 40 weeks then she'll be closer to 8 pounds.

We had a long discussion on inducing, and I was pleased that she's against it just like I am, she just didn't say it in those words. She basically told me it was completely up to me after 37 weeks if we induce or not. The only time she'll step in and say we need to induce is if I go a week past my due date, or if some complication arises (knock on wood). This made me real happy. I've had so many people I know have problems with doctors pressuring them to induce and then problems ensuing from the inducement. I know that Rylee will come when she's ready, and I have no intentions of forcing her, even if means I'm huge and miserable. Her health is all that matters to me.

I decided to go ahead and get the flu shot, and had Paul get one too. I figured that since my immune system is down due to the pregnancy and all of the things that could go wrong if I got the flu outweighed taking the chance and not getting one. Never knew my arm could be so sore so soon after a shot, yuck. But at least, Paul, Rylee and I are now protected.

I can't wait to meet my little girl in less than 10 weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment