Tuesday, March 27, 2012

15 Months

Bug, you are 15 months now! I just can't believe it! You are my lil monkey, literally! You climb onto anything you can get your feet up high enough to reach! You have most recently mastered the dining table chairs and subsequently, the dining table. The only piece of furniture you haven't mastered without assistance is our bed (and the potty, but that's because you prefer to flush it). You have even crawled into your crib, just not out yet thankfully!

This past month we have started working on you putting yourself to sleep. We started it, and then I had to have my appendectomy and we got off so we started again, and it's going much better the second time around. Prior to starting this, you were taking over an hour to fall asleep while rocking and while I love rocking you, that is just too long and it was causing a lot of pain for me (25 pounds on 1 shoulder is not comfy). So I'm slowly lowering the amount of time we rock, and then I sit by your crib until you fall asleep. Once we get to not rocking at all, I'll work on slowly moving away from your crib and out of the room. You are doing really well, and it's getting easier every night. As much as I love having you fall asleep in my arms, it is nice to see you being so independent.

As far as everything else, you are growing so fast! You love talking! Your new favorite words are "uh oh" and "owwie" and you are working on "bubble" since your favorite book is "Bubbles, Bubbles." You know where your nose, mouth (and tongue), eyes, hair, and toes are. You also know where all that is on me and Daddy. You also know where my "owwies" are from my surgery and you love to give them kisses. You love Dodger to death, once I come get you in the morning you are immediately asking for him, and you have to see him before bed each night.

We recently go a Zoo Membership and have already been several times! You enjoy the zoo so much! Especially when we let you run around like crazy and explore. If it's outside, you are all about it! Now that it's warm we are outside most of the day every day and I love watching you run around! I've been looking for a climber/slider outdoors toy, I think you will LOVE that!

Little girl, you are the light of my life and you put a smile on everyone's face in your life. I love the time you and I spend together and watching you learn something every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment