So if you have a toddler, you know why this blog has gone silent for a bit. That's because keeping up with a toddler is a full time, no blogging time, job. However, on Friday night I had my appendix removed and am now laid up in bed while Paul has complete control, so I thought I would update what is going on in the life of my baby girl.
Rylee has been 14 months for a week now, and she is in full blown toddler mode. She is a little over 25 pounds and close to 31" tall. She is walking, running, and climbing all over the place. She is quite the little daredevil. She likes to do anything that makes my heart skip a beat (and not in a good way). She is quite the explorer and loves to be outside all day, every day. She is quite the vocal one and is talking more and more every day. She is also signing all the time- up to more than 30 signs. She is wearing mostly 12 month clothes, though I can put her in 18 month shirts. She seems to be growing more and more everyday. Even right now, when I'm not around her as much, she seems bigger every time I see her!
We are all having fun and enjoying time together. We are currently trying to plan a trip to Florida to see Suzie and Eric this summer. I'm very excited to take Rylee to the beach! I think she'll love it, and all the water time it'll involve. We can't even say the word "bath" without Rylee trying to take her shirt off and crawl in the tub. If she hears the water going, and she's not in the bathroom, she has a mini-meltdown, until you distract her! The girl loves her baths!
Another big change in our life is that we are in the process of going gluten-free. We already get most of our produce and all of our meat from a local, all-natural farm, and after much reading, and my previous stomach issues, we've decided that gluten-free is our next best step. It's going to be a hard, complicated change, but I think in the end it will be best for our entire family. We can also get a lot of the GF products from the farm we get our meat and produce, so it'll be like a one-stop shop for the most part for us now! I can't wait to see how this change manifests itself for us.
Sorry if this is all over the place, I blame the pain meds :)
Let's end on some recent pictures of Rylee

No comments:
Post a Comment