I don't know how much I have to "say" but thought I would update while Rylee is sleeping.
Yesterday was my official due date and Rylee turned 2 weeks old! We went in to the doctor for her 2 week appointment and is up to 7 pounds! She's still tiny, but gaining. Everything is looking good healthwise, except her poor little tummy. Little girl hasn't been able to use the bathroom without the use of a suppository in over a week. She strains and tries so hard, but usually just ends up screaming in pain. It breaks my heart. We started her on a 1 tablespoon (3- 1 teaspoons) of dark Karo per day. She had a hard time last night after the first full day of it, and was up from 11:30pm-6:30am straining and in pain. She finally used the bathroom on her own around 4:00am, but was still straining and in pain. We gave her another suppository around 10:00am, and she finally got some relief and has been sleeping ever since, waking up twice to eat for maybe an hour. I sure hope her belly gets better soon.
Other than that, she is a wonderful baby, and I think as soon as we get her belly taken care of, she'll be happy, and start sleeping more regularly, which will make mom happy.
Here are some pictures in her "Picky Stickies" to signify her age. Obviously, we didn't do the "0" right when she was born so the difference between that and 1 month won't be much, but I'm excited to watch her grow and to have a cute way to photograph it.

No comments:
Post a Comment