Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 21: Three Weeks in Our Lives

I've decided that I am going to try and do a daily update when Rylee is down for her evening nap/after Paul gets home from work and hogs her. I'm sure I'll miss some days, or there might not be anything to update on other days, but hopefully I will have something to share most days. I find myself writing things down in my planner to remember stuff that she does, so I figure daily blog updating is a better way to keep track of all the things my growing princess does.

I will go ahead and update for this past week, and tomorrow will start the daily updates.

We started the Karo last week and it seems to be helping in the dirty diaper arena. She has had a dirty diaper every other day since we started, and even slept for 5 hours Saturday night/Sunday morning! I have never felt so refreshed! She is still straining pretty intensely, and screams out in pain when she does, but the fact is that things are happening. I just can't wait for the day that she doesn't cry in pain and when she go to the bathroom without any help from suppositories or Karo.

She has been pretty fussy while awake these past 2 days, the only time she isn't crying or we aren't doing everything we can to prevent her from crying, is when she is asleep. Thankfully we got a swing on Friday and it has been a lifesaver! Not that she doesn't cry when she's in it, but it usually quiets her long enough (she's mesmerized by the mobile and lights and motion) that I can fix a bottle or give my arm a break from holding and rocking her. When she's in it and not crying, I can definitely get a lot done! Today, I got laundry started and the dishwasher unloaded and reloaded, which is a lot in my book.

We have started daily tummy time, and though she doesn't like it for too long, she's doing a great job with it! She holds her head up and looks around, and is starting to try and turn herself over. She got her lower half turned today, but was "over" tummy time and gave up before getting the rest turned over.

She's been turning herself from back to side for more than a week now, because she prefers to sleep on her side but we put her down on her back, so she turns herself.

We are still co-sleeping, but I want to try and start to get her in the pack-n-play this week, even though I think I sleep better when she's in bed next to me (I'm not constantly checking on her). I know it will be good for when we need to transition her down the road. The sooner we get her to sleep in the pack-n-play, the better it will be when we move her to her crib in her room (still not for several weeks, maybe a few months). She naps great in her crib during the day, but hasn't really done well in the pack-n-play, probably because I'm more likely to put her in the crib during the day and in our bed at night, so she hasn't had much experience in the pack-n-play. We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment