Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 43: Really Growing

6 weeks old! I can't believe it!

Rylee is finally too big for newborn sized clothes, but 0-3 months are big on her in areas, so dressing her is interesting at this point. We tried using size 1 diapers today but other than at nighttime, they are still way too big, but she will be in them soon enough, hopefully after we finish what newborn sizes we have left.

We also started experimenting with our cloth diapers on Sunday. She, of course, decided pooping in the first one was a great way to initiate us! Then, the second one leaked, so I'm not sure what happened with that one. We tried another brand today and it worked well. All of these cloths will grow with her so I won't have to buy multiple sizes. I plan on getting one or two other brands and trying them and then building my stash on what works best with us. I want to try Grovia and either gDiapers or bumGenius.

Here are some pictures of her in her Green Bay supporting cloth diaper from Super Bowl Sunday:




We are still doing good with the Similac Sensitive and Zantac, and I have a happy baby most of the day. She is going through her 6 week growth spurt so she is eating frequently and gets frustrated if the bottle isn't ready when she gets hungry, so I try to have a bottle fixed right after she finishes eating, so I am prepared for when she wants to eat again since I'm feeding on demand. But she is happy a lot more than what she has been since she was 2 weeks old. Plus, I have read from multiple sources that crying peaks at 6 weeks, so maybe that has something to do with it today.

Rylee finally let me put her in the MobyWrap. She wasn't happy at first, but then I looked down and she was passed out. I didn't need to do much, but I did get to dust mop the floors and wash all of the bottles.



We also seem to have a successful bedtime routine on our hands. It starts with about 15 minutes of naked time and she loves it! I rub different types of blankets on her and she smiles and coos almost the entire time. Then we do bath time with either Paul or myself, and then the other person lotions, dresses, and feeds dinner. Then we all go to her room and read a few books, followed by rocking. Once she's asleep I lay her in her crib on her tummy (I know, bad momma!) give her a few pats and she's stays asleep. We are on day 2 of this routine and it's quite nice to have the bed back to me and Paul. Plus I love having a video monitor so I can see her anytime I please.

I'll end with a happy picture of my growing baby girl.

4 comments:

  1. Glad things are going well... do you like the moby wrap? I bought a different sling and Brynlee hates it, so I thought about getting one of those instead, so she could lay across my body or up and down against my chest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a little beauty!
    the slings are our best friend in this house! they let me get so much accomplished!
    and marlo is starting to refuse sitting in her carseat for long - so I always keep a sling in the car for when we are shopping. just an idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Moby, it feels real secure, most of the time. The only thing that bothers me about it is I feel like it loosens up. I haven't had Rylee in it too long that I've felt uncomfortable with her being in there if it loosens though. Paul prefers using the Baby Bjorn and she doesn't object to that either, but I think it's too much on her little hips right now. I definitely want to use it in the store because I think she gets tired of her car seat if she's not riding in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we might be getting one then! She doesn't exactly love the Baby Bjorn either! She honestly doesn't even like to be held that much! She would rather hang out on the floor... but when she gets in a mood- it would be nice to have something- especially when we are out and about!

    ReplyDelete