Outside the chimpanzee area
She lasted all of about 10 minutes before she fell asleep in the Ergo. I'm glad Paul decided to take the picture when we first got there, or we wouldn't have got one. So Paul and I enjoyed walking around the zoo, but was sad that the seal exhibit had been closed for remodeling, it's one of our favorites! Can't wait until next summer when it'll be open again and Rylee will actually enjoy running around the zoo. We timed our outing perfectly because as we were nearing the exit, the rain clouds started coming in and as we were putting Rylee in the car (who decided to wake up) it started to rain.
scary clouds
I will say that I got a lot of weird looks while walking around with Rylee in the ergo! Paul says it's because I put the head cover over her and/or because of her red hair. I think it was because here we were 2 adults with a sleeping almost-3 month old and no other children at the zoo. HAH! I was surprised to not see more babywearing mamas, especially since the week before at the mall I saw 2 or 3! There's no way Rylee would have stayed in the stroller that long!
That night, Paul had a guys night with Josh and Jeff so around 5pm he left and it was just Rylee and I. We did bedtime routine and then the house was quiet! I didn't know what to do with myself. Luckily, ABC Family had a Harry Potter marathon going, and I had a book to read. Unfortunately, Rylee woke up with a definite sore throat around 11:30, and would only go back to sleep in my arms, every time I laid her down, she was right back up. Rylee moves around a lot in her sleep, so co-sleeping without Paul there made me nervous, but I had to lay down too, since it was around 1am at this point and my arm was completely asleep. So I laid in the middle of our bed with the pillows piled around me and let her sleep on my chest, just like when she was a newborn. I awoke at 4am to a completely congested baby and a husband sleeping next to me (I was shocked I didn't hear him come in).
We took her to the bathroom and got the shower on hot to produce steam and let it open her up a bit. Paul stayed up with her and tried to get her back to sleep and eventually took her for a drive. I woke up around 7:30 and had a text saying they were sleeping in the garage! Apparently, she finally fell back to sleep and he didn't want to wake her by taking her out of the car, so they slept in the car together. On Sunday, Paul had a lot of homework and studying to do, so Rylee and I went over to my parents' for the day, and we all took turns dealing with a sick, unhappy baby.
She's finally starting to feel better, especially since I got the best invention! The Nosefrida! It's the most disturbing thing, but it works so much better than the bulb syringe aspirators! If you have a baby get one! No matter how disgusting you think it is, do it! I couldn't believe how easy it was and how much gunk it got out, especially since I had been using the bulb syringe a few times a day everyday since she was congested.
I'm ready for this first cold to be done, so that we can get back on track. It has completely messed up her night sleeping, so hopefully we can get back to where we were soon...
I can't believe my baby will be 3 months old on Sunday. Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment