Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 91: 3 months old (1 day late)


I wish she were this happy all day yesterday! But we kept her happy long enough to take some pics with her pickystickies!

Let's see Miss Rylee, you are now 3 months old! According to the doctor appointment today, you are 23-1/4" long (50th percentile) and 12lb8oz (66th percentile), so you've grown a quarter of inch and gained a pound in the last month! Your head is 15" (10th percentile) and the pediatrician is impressed with the growth since birth. You are getting soooo darn big! You are still in 0-3 month clothes, but the length is getting a bit tight, the width/waist is still big though. Not sure what I'm going to do when the length isn't feasible anymore, probably just let 3-6 month clothes swallow you, until you grow into them.

In the past week, you've rolled from belly to back several times, and never when a camera is around. You are trying to go back to belly when you see something you want. I can't believe you're already rolling! It's crazy how just a short time ago, you just laid there, and looked at the ceiling fan (which you still love).

Nannie has given you a new nickname: Polar Bear. It has stuck! It's due to the bi-polarness of your attitude most days. You can go from laughing to screaming in 2.5 seconds flat. Though most of the time you are a joy to be around now. You love talking to your daddy in the evenings and on the weekends, and I love to just sit and watch how much you love and enjoy him.

We are still getting over the cold, and currently you are napping in your swing, because laying in the crib isn't helping the congestion. You are sleeping GREAT in your crib, last night you slept 7:30pm to 5:00am, and then came back to bed with me and at 8:45am I woke up and you were still asleep. Your doctor appointment was at 9:30! Let's just say I was a bit frazzled. I woke you up at 9:10, to get ready to leave, luckily the doctor's office is only 5 minutes away.

We had an appointment today to check growth and the tremors you've been having in your legs. Even though they aren't as frequent, they have localized 95% to your right leg, and some are increasing in length, so Dr. McDowell wants to do a CT scan and EEG to make sure the tremors aren't being caused by seizures. The CT scan will be Thursday morning at 9:30, they will have to give you an IV and sedate you, and I'm scared to death. I don't have an appointment for the EEG yet, but hopefully it will be soon so we will know for sure what's going on. The pediatrician doesn't think it's anything serious since it's only affecting the lower extremities (not a whole side of the body) and seizures usually last at least 30 seconds. He just wants to make sure it's nothing big.

Enough of this negative, let's look at how big you've gotten!






1 comment:

  1. leighann - you and rylee are in my prayers and thoughts because I know this is going to be a TON harder on you than it is on her. just remember that. she will be a little rockstar so don't worry yourself sick. (even though I know you will because I do too when it comes to my kids.) good luck and keep us posted. I know she will do great.

    ReplyDelete