Rylee slept wonderfully last night! 8:00-5:30 (with a 5 minute wake up around 11:30, I just patted her back til she fell back asleep)! At 5:30, I fed her and brought her back to our bed and cuddled. Around 7:30, I got up to get everything ready for our trip to The Children's Hospital at St. Francis for Rylee's CT Scan. She was in a great mood this morning, luckily.
When we got there we checked in and they brought us to the waiting room, where Rylee started to get fussy because she was hungry. I was told when I made the appointment that there wasn't any reason that she couldn't eat that morning, so Paul fed her a few ounces. I didn't want her to have too much because I was told she would be sedated, and food + anesthesia don't go together. Next thing I know this little old lady (the volunteer receptionist in the waiting room) was freaking out. For some reason Rylee's paperwork supposedly said she was there for an Endo, not a CT, even though when we checked in, the admissions lady pulled her paperwork from the CT file. If she was scheduled for an endo and eating then the endo would be cancelled, when I told them she was here for a CT they were confused, a nurse got involved and many phone calls were made. Then, her paperwork said no IV, and I had to tell them that she in fact was supposed to get an IV. I was really nervous at this point, they didn't have her test right and they didn't know she needed an IV?! Finally, they took my word for it, and we were brought back to get her IV.
She was smiling and laughing while the nurse tech took her vitals and all of her information, then the evil happened. One nurse held her legs and arms done, while talking to her and making her smile (at first), while the other nurse looked for a good vein. Turns out Rylee inherited my veins, small and hard to find, yay (not)! They finally decided on a vein they hoped would work and before they even started Rylee started screaming, she was tired of being pinned down (once again, like her momma). The nurse doing the IV was great and got it on the first try, but Rylee was not going to stop screaming, the nurse holding her down was impressed, ha! Finally, the nurse picked her up and she silenced almost immediately. I eventually got ahold of her and she fell asleep for a quick nap while we waited.
Finally, the CT tech came and got Rylee, and that's when I found out that I got to stay with her! I was so happy to not just hand her off to some stranger. He got her strapped down to the machine, and she was oddly not fighting it. She was actually smiling in the beginning. He got a few images while she stared at the stickers on the top of the machine, but that hype soon wore off, and you could tell the tech was uncomfortable with her crying (once again, this bothered me a little, didn't he work with children all day?!), and he asked me to go get her a bottle or a pacifier. Once I got her bottle, I fed her while he added the contrast liquid to her IV and during the rest of the test and she was perfect.
She did so well! I'm one proud mama! All in all it was a good visit, though the lack of knowledge and communication between the hospital workers kind of worries me, considering that's the hospital our pediatrician would send her to if anything extreme ever happens. I'm hoping it was just a paperwork error and that they are not normally that unorganized.
I'm anxious to get the results (will call the pediatrician this afternoon to see who should be giving them to me). We meet with the neurologist on Tuesday at 7am and he will do an all out physical and schedule the EEG to see if it could be seizures. I'm ready to find out if something is causing the tremors or if it's just something she will have to grow out of (hopefully, this one).
She and Paul are napping now, and it's so cute seeing them cuddle together.
No comments:
Post a Comment