Happy 5 months, Rylee!! I don't even know where to start, you are just getting so big! I think every morning when you wake up, you look like you've grown! You've learned so much in the past month, I'm surprised you're not ruling the world yet! :)
Let's do the basics! According to our scale you are 17lb3oz! Holy cow! 2.5lb in a month!! You sure are growing. I tried to measure you using a Sharpie and paper towels but then I couldn't find a tape measure (ghetto, right?!) so I used the 11" paper towel to measure between the lines. I'm guessing you are around 25" now.
You are mostly wearing 3-6 month clothes now, though tonight I put you in a 0-3 month onesie and it fit well over your fluffy butt. You are eating foods and LOVING every bit of it (except pears and avocados). Your favorite seems to be carrots and sweet potatoes, so I have a freezer full of it. Please keep liking it :)
You went on your first road trip this past week. On the way to Louisiana, we broke the 8 hour drive into 2 parts, not knowing how you would do. Both days when we got within 30 minutes of where we were going you had had enough! Overall, you did very well. On the drive home, we did it all at once stopping every few hours to let you out for about 20 minutes. You slept a lot of the way home. You had a lot of sleep to catch up on since you didn't nap a lot while we were there.
You got to meet SO many of your family members! I loved every minute of it, you not so much. We've learned that if a man has a deeper voice than your daddy then you pucker at him, and well, most men have deeper voices than your daddy. However, those same men could have you smiling and laughing if they made their voices higher. You loved your Uncle Harland and Uncle Ralph when they did this!
You met your MawMaw, Nana, Aunt Amy, Aunt Zollie, Aunt Tene, Uncle Jeff, Uncle Danny, Shay, Falon, Cassidy, Dylan, and Eathan, Aunt Hoot, Aunt Linda Fay, Aunt Dot, Steve, Susie, Kenneth, Uncle Ralph, Uncle Harland, and Aunt Linda. No wonder you were overstimulated! They all loved you, even when you were screaming your head off. I also heard "you look like your mom when she was a baby" from just about every female that held you.
Next week, you'll be taking your first plane ride, and then you will be a world traveling baby. I'm scared to death of how you'll handle it, but we'll cross that bridge next week.
Things you've learned this month: sitting up (you were tripod-ing until today!), getting on all fours, rolling back to belly, holding yourself in the standing position when stood up by me or Daddy (this was learned today!), and I'm sure some other things that I'm forgetting. Oh, and you love to blow raspberries/spit! It's so funny, especially when we start doing it back and forth (yes, I'm an encourager)!
We've been watching Baby Signing Time at least 2-3 times a week and it's the only thing on TV you get excited when I turn it on. Your face lights up and you get the biggest smile. I've tried Baby Einstein and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but you could care less about that, but put BST on and you are focused. I've tried some of the other DVDs in the series, however nothing keeps your attention like the first DVD so we watch that one over and over and over and.... It's a good thing the songs are catchy :) I'm truly hoping this will help us communicate as you get older.
Here are some pics from today:
Our monthly picture with Turbo
You were so tired, but happy I wasn't making you nap
So sweet
I told you to show Turbo lovings, and you hit him in the face
Absolute love of my life
You can just turn and spin in that things for hours- you haven't figured out jumping just yet
Shoulder ride from dad
Meet Tess- your new pony
Look at her go- yes she has carrots all over her face
She was so excited and proud of herself
Sitting up like a big girl all by herself
Rylee, I'm loving watching you learn new things everyday. You never fail at making me laugh and smile AT LEAST once a day. I feel my heart swell just thinking about what you've brought into my life and I can't wait to watch you grow and learn more. You are becoming so big and wanting to be so independent (you get very frustrated on the floor right now, because you are trying so hard to crawl, but not understanding some aspects of it), so I've spent a lot of the past week just cuddling you in bed, because I know I won't have these moments much longer. I love you, bug!
No comments:
Post a Comment