Rylee's taking a nap and the dishes are clean and I don't plan on doing laundry until later, so why not blog? I'm sure I should be doing something else, but I have no desire for that :)
My baby girl is going to be 1 year old in just 25 short days. How can that be?! Wasn't it just last week she was born and completely dependent on me? Wasn't it just yesterday she was learning to roll over? Wasn't it just this morning she was learning to crawl?! Now I have a walking, independent toddler.
She spends most of her days running around the living room stopping in short bursts to play and then back to toddling around. She chases Dodger when he lets her, but chasing Paul and I suffices too. Then, she squeals when we turn it around and start chasing her. We still cuddle every morning with an episode or two of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse- though the only parts she cares about are when they sing. Then it's off to the kitchen for breakfast and then playtime. I always have PBS on, but she never stops until Signing Time! comes on. She loves signing and Rachel, though she prefers Baby Signing Time- it's more interactive and cartoonish.
I still can't believe how fast we got to where we are. How has it already been a year? I know time seems to go faster every year, but this was insanely fast!! I feel like I barely turned around...
December 27th will be a bittersweet day, and I'm sure I will cry a little bit. I didn't cry when Rylee was born- I was too emotionally awestruck and in love, but on her birthday I'm sure the tears will come from just remembering all the good, bad, wonderful, and terrifying moments.
This was a pointless post but it's just what I was thinking.
I had the same thoughts today about crying on her birthday! I didn't cry when Brynlee was born, but was about in tears last night just looking at all different videos of her over the past year! It is just unreal that our babies are already this old!
ReplyDelete