Baby girl, you are 12 months old!! I just can't believe it! You grew up on me, and I know there's still a whole lot more growing to do. Yes, we bombarded you with the camera on the morning of your birthday, because we had to cherish and record every moment, just like the day you were born. We set up your birthday present the night before, and made sure you walked into the living room to see it, though you are a fan of being cuddled in the morning so you weren't too excited until you saw what was waiting for you.
"What's going on here?!"
"Mom, what's that?!"
"My own car?! I love it!"
Determined to honk the horn, which you have yet to do
Starting it up!
She loves it!
Monthly picture
After breakfast and playing for the day, we headed out to the mall. Daddy and I decided that for your first birthday we would get you a Build-a-Bear and every year, until you were over it, we would take you back for a new outfit, etc. We held up several options and you reached out for a stuffed dog, you are your Daddy's daughter! We asked what you wanted to name her, and all you kept saying was "ello!" so we went with "Ella" since it's close to how you say hello. We went out to lunch and then headed home for your nap. We had family pictures scheduled for the evening, and then all of your grandparents, aunts, and uncles came over for cake and presents!
We had a wonderful day with you! You are talking a lot and signing a lot and have changed so much in just 12 short months. We went through some rough times, but those are all outshone by the wonderful days we've had. I've been lucky to be a part of all of your firsts and that just warms my heart. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us as you get older. I have a feeling you are going to be a handful, but that will keep me on my toys and prepared for any future siblings :) Love you, bug! Happy Birthday!
On the 28th, we went in for your 1 year check up. You are 30.75" (94%ile) and 23lb10oz (93%ile). Big girl! You got your shots, and unfortunately had a reaction to the chicken pox one. I was very upset as I didn't originally want to get it but your personality was never affected and all the spots were gone within 2 days. The doctor was impressed with your verbal skills, though you didn't like him too much. I had just calmed you down from your exam when the nurse came into the room with the shots, luckily you were fine by the time we left the room, and back to normal once we got home and played outside.
Daddy and I are so blessed to have you in our lives and thank God every day for allowing us to guide you through this life. I can't wait to teach you and watch you learn! You are so inquisitive and try to mimic everything dad and I do and you're pretty good at it too!
No comments:
Post a Comment