Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mish Mash

So I've been meaning to post for awhile, but I just haven't done it... No excuses really.. I have a lot of stuff I think I need to sit down and type that all out, but I never do it. Not sure what's holding me back, but here I am now...

Rylee is doing great. We are basically over the hitting stage- for the most part, she did start doing it again the other morning when she was really tired- for now. Her conversations are becoming clearer by the day, soon there won't be any babble at all. She's loving pointing at letters she sees when we're out and about and she gets so excited! She wants to count EVERYTHING- though she usually adds an extra every time. It's very cute. She's still getting up at night, and has started her day at 5:30am a few too many- let's face it, one time is too many- times this week.

It seems to be getting warmer and we are spending more time outside, to the relief of us all! We're definitely an outdoor family, even if it's just hanging out in the backyard. We plan on doing some hiking this year though! And I'm pretty excited about it.

We're still going to church, and loving it. Rylee asks to see the "kids" every day and she says her prayers every night now. Paul told me the other day since starting to go to church he feels better about himself and he feels more complete, and what a great way to explain how we are all feeling. I love the description of feeling more complete. Last Sunday I chose to commit my life to Christ and have had a sense of euphoria ever since. I know I'm choosing the more "difficult" path in life, but oh what I will get as a reward will make it so worth it.

All I can do is thank my sweet little baby boy for opening my eyes. I truly believe his purpose was to bring our family to God. I have never in my life felt closer to God or stronger in my faith. I was prepared to be a very angry person when there was a chance of me losing Preston- I told Paul about the pain I just knew I would feel and the depression that would result. But when I knew Preston was no longer living, I turned to God for peace and strength and it was given to me. I was briefly angry with doctors, but I can honestly say I don't think full blown anger was ever felt and expressed by me- especially not towards God. From the moment I held Preston's body in my arms, I knew Jesus was holding him in heaven at the same time. How lucky am I to know that my baby is in such a wonderful place? Am I jealous? Of course, but one day I know that will be me too.

1 comment:

  1. There's a song by a Christian artist I think you would like. It's by Jeremy Camp & called "There Will Be a Day." I love it & it definitely lifts me up when I need a reminder that one day we will be gone from all this pain & suffering & be with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete