Yesterday we had our mid-pregnancy ultrasound and though the images weren't that impressive in my book (compared to others), it was absolute perfection. I was surprised when we got there and they were using my original due date of 1/11, so I'm excited that that is what I'll be using from now on (meaning there will be no 19 week update, since it bumped me up 5 days)! Madelyn's head and torso was measuring 1 week behind, but Rylee's always did that too and when I was pregnant with Rylee the tech told me those values were accurate +/- 1 week. Her long legs were measuring right on schedule though. She had a heart rate of 141bpm and this tech confirmed to us that we do in fact have a girl in there :) I was pretty worried since I just bought a bunch of baby girl clothes at JBF that she would end up a he. We didn't get any front of face shots because she was being pretty stubborn and kept her hands in front of her face the whole time, but the slight profile view we got is great and I got to compare the pic to Rylee's 19 week ultrasound. I think there's a good chance they'll look similar, but still have distinct facial qualities. It's all going to come down to the color and quantity of hair haha
My OB called today and let me know all looked normal and great on the ultrasound. So happy to not have to worry about that pesky tissue mass anymore and I can potentially enjoy the rest of this pregnancy.
Even better, laying in bed last night, Paul had his head on my stomach. Madelyn gave him 3 swift kicks to the ear and he felt the last one :) What a special moment for all of us! Now I can't wait for Rylee to feel her kick.
No comments:
Post a Comment