Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 102: Post Pregnancy Vents

So after reading a friend's blog the other day, I decided I needed a vent blog post about things that happen post pregnancy. I will say I was fortunate enough to lose my pregnancy weight, so that won't be a complaint. However, due to extreme nausea, I only technically gained 9 pounds, and I lost all of that plus another 15. I'm pretty sure I would have preferred gaining all of the weight :)

Night sweats. I wake up every morning and feel like I've just run a marathon- not that I've ever even come close to doing that, but I assume that's how I would feel! I am drenched head to toe in sweat. I thought, when we co-slept, it was the heat between mine and Rylee's bodies, but no. She's been in her bed for 8 weeks now, and I still wake up feeling like a sweat hog. AND... I only have time to take a shower at night due to my non-napping princess, so I sit around with dried, nasty sweat all day! Yuck!!

Hair loss. I've always lost- what I thought to be- a lot of hair. Paul has said several times that he never realized how much hair I had until he finds it all over the house. I have a lot, I lose a lot. I read when I was pregnant in all of the books that hair loss slows while pregnant, and then you lose it all post-pregnancy. OK, my hair loss never slowed when I was pregnant. I was still pulling out and finding hair all day every day. So I ASSUMED (I know, I know) that this whole hair loss thing wouldn't effect me. Oh. My. Goodness. Not only does my hair fall out and I find it on Rylee and in her hands all day long, I can pull CLUMPS out by just running my fingers through my hair. Um, WHAT?! I know I have a lot of hair, but I feel like I'm going to go bald! I'm having to clean my hairbrush out every other day, because there's so much hair in it, I used to do this like once a month!

So, um, yeah.... when do these things stop? Anyone? I'm sure I have other things that I could think of and talk/vent about (saggy boobs and skin, eh), but those are the main two that are effecting me every day.

Now I will say- other than the extreme morning/afternoon/evening sickness- I absolutely loved being pregnant, and honestly miss it every day. I loved feeling Rylee kick and move around, and as annoying as her hiccups were (and still are, she still gets them ALL THE TIME), I absolutely miss it. I also knew she was safe, happy, and healthy in there. And while I have the safe part covered, there are many days when she's not happy, and with already being on daily medications and having to do all of these tests, I'm starting to question the healthy part. Don't get me wrong, I love having her outside to cuddle and play with, there's just something about being able to be her absolute safe place and protector from all things that I miss.

I will also say that just because I miss being pregnant, I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon! This mom thing is a lot harder than I thought, and with a high needs baby it's downright exhausting ALL OF THE TIME. There are days when I swear she'll be an only child, but then there are days when I want to see her playing with a little brother or sister. It's definitely a several years from now discussion, not an anytime soon one.

Let's end with looking at pictures of my beautiful (nap-fighting all day, so I tortured her with bows and pictures) baby girl :)

She thought she was going to enjoy our game

She did not

Baseball BabyLegs! I have football ones too :)

Tummy and naked time all in one

She's getting really good at turning herself

No comments:

Post a Comment