Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 123: No Good Very Bad Day.... So Far

So I haven't been having so hot of a day. Rylee is great and keeping a smile on my face, but the day in general has been a rough one. Didn't help that I didn't go to sleep until 3:30 this morning and I'm so tired. Completely my fault, but laundry HAD to get done.

We were supposed to go to Branson with my parents this weekend, but that has been postponed indefinitely. Some unforeseen things came about and it's just not feasible at the moment. I'm pretty upset, because this was going to be our first little road trip with Rylee and I think getting out of Owasso for just a few days would really do me some good. Oh well, mom, Rylee, and I will be going down to Louisiana in a few weeks, so that should be interesting and fun!

Just a little FYI, I've deactivated my Facebook for a little bit. Unfortunately, it seems if I post anything other than "rainbows and puppy dogs" (i.e. anything seemingly negative), my parents get bombarded with calls, and then I get the "watch what you put out there" and "why post something that's going to make people ask questions" lecture. I really wish if people had a question that they would just ask me about it. I'm 24 years old and can handle myself without you checking to see if I'm OK with my mommy and daddy, and besides they don't know everything, so that makes them question me even harder. If you feel uncomfortable asking me, maybe that means it's none of your business and you don't need to know anyways! Yes, I posted a vague status today, it wasn't to draw attention to myself, it was my outlet for the situation; however, it backfired and put more strain on me. So I got rid of the source altogether. It's sad because that is my prime contact for a lot of family and friends.

Now, am I going to go into the status here? No, because it is a personal thing for us. I needed to express myself/vent since the only other person here right now is a 4 month old, so I went to Facebook. Was that right? Not necessarily... would I have sat here and stewed on the situation had I not? Most likely. Do I need to modify how I express myself when no one else is around? Apparently....

So if you want to follow what's going on with our family, this will be the only place to do so. I'll try to post pictures like I do on Facebook on here, but it won't be as many, because that would make for very long posts.

Little girl is awake... off to be a mommy :)

5 comments:

  1. that all seems completely dumb to me. It's YOUR facebook. if someone doesnt like what you say then they don't need to be your friend on there? sorry that all sucks. I hate having to watch what i say just because I may step on someones toes. BOO!!!! oh well. it is what it is. give your baby some lovin and forget about the nay sayers!! we will be following your precious family. ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Katie! I agree, I'm just tired of the drama, and it's been an altogether rough day so I might be being rash with my decisions. I'll reactivate it eventually :) I've had Facebook too long, to just go cold turkey without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Katie its your FB you should get to post whatever you want its not like youre offensive or anything. But sometimes there are things I want to post but dont cause some people would take it the worng way or not knowing everything about me would flip out or something and bug my mom or sister and its annoying but FB is addicting. ....if you guys need a relaxing weekend your welcome to come over enjoy some sunshine, the boys can grill us dinner or we can take a shopping trip..shopping always makes me feel better, we could even shop while they make us dinner..and babysit ha ha :) AND AND AND I dont mind long posts full of pictures :) I love seeing new pictures of Rylee so dont be stingy on the pic posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't think i've deactivated mine since college! it sucks that people literally called your parents?! Sometimes, that's the crazy part about facebook.. it's the only time you'll ever be the same person to everyone... everyone sees the same status update, but takes it so differently! like you're telling your 90 y/o grandma and your sorority sister the same thing..

    Well, as a distraction, thought i'd let you know that it was a one liner this month for sure lol.. maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be who you are and say how you feel. Those who matter dont mind, and those that mind dont matter. Life is too short to be sad and worry about what others think. You, Rylee and Paul are what matters the most. Do what makes you happy and remember, at the end of the day your little family is what matters. :)

    ReplyDelete