Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 110: Happy Birthday

to me!

Last night, Paul and I went to Ted's Cafe Escondido, one of my favorite restaurants. Complimentary salsa, queso, and sopapillas! Who wouldn't love it?! I had a daiquiri, surprisingly it had no effect on me. Not bad for someone who hasn't had hard liquor in about a year. I'm assuming it means it was overcharged and weak. Mom watched Rylee for us and I missed her like crazy, especially when I saw all of the babies at the restaurant. After we ate dinner, we went to Target to buy Harry Potter and something for Rylee- I don't go to Target without getting her something!

Rylee was just falling asleep when we got to mom's so we woke her up packing her up to go home. Once we got home she would fall asleep fine but when I would lay her down she was wide awake. After 2 failed attempts, I finally just brought her to our bed, where she slept great for 5 hours. Paul got up with her and then she came back to our bed until 8:30 this morning. I love having her in our bed, but I know she likes her space usually. I know this because usually after a few hours she's trying to push me away for her and gets really awake if I don't move. What a personality for 3.5 months! Already wanting to get away from me haha

After sleeping in (yay!), Paul and I took a nap with Rylee. I didn't really sleep since I had only been awake for an hour, but I watched my two favorite people be so peaceful, and it was beautiful. I love them very much and I wouldn't have spent my birthday any other way.

Around 1, we went over to my parents and my dad grilled hamburgers and hot dogs! I haven't eaten a hamburger since before being pregnant with Rylee (it was one of the few specific things that made me really nauseous seeing or smelling it when I was pregnant). We watched Harry Potter and just spent time together. I absolutely loved today, probably one of the best birthdays I've ever had!

Tomorrow, Paul's mom is taking us out for lunch and then Rylee and I will head back over to my parent's since Paul has some school work to get done. All in all, I would say I'm having a perfect weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a great birthday! As weird as this may sound- the older they get the harder it is to leave them... even with family!! And thanks for the tip about sleeping. Basically Dr. McDowell said that her REM cycle is just messed up and she can wake up to eat at night as long as she is sleeping at least one 5-8 hour stretch. So we are trying some new things this week again and so far she has been asleep since 11:30! This has definitely been tough for me, but as my mom always says "By Kindergarten she will be sleeping through the night"!!

    ReplyDelete