Man, is it nice to be home or what?! I thought yesterday would never end, and we would never get to go home.
So Tuesday was a bit harder than Monday. It's difficult to not be able to move around with your baby, especially when she likes to look at the world. All the wires on her head also started to make her wobbly, my little stable girl was so shaky in the neck! It was weird seeing her have a lack of control like that (she's been holding her head up sine day 2).
Tuesday afternoon I realized that Rylee hadn't had her Zantac since Sunday night! As I was talking to her about it, and how well she was doing without it, I realized she hadn't had any leg tremors since... Sunday night! hmmm.... so then I started back tracking, and realized her leg tremors started a little after she started taking the Zantac, and they got longer when her Zantac dose was increased! WTH?! Why has no one made this correlation yet?! The next time the nurse came in I told her right away, and she relayed the information to the resident in charge of Rylee. I never heard anything after that.
Tuesday night was torture for my little girl. Every time I would get her to sleep the nurses would come in and wake her up for some reason or anything. They also put her IV in Tuesday night. That was hell. Last week, when she had one for her CT, they got it first try, no problem. This time, they put numbing cream on her and after 3 pokes they still didn't have her IV in. She was miserable, I was about to lose my mind. They decided to let the numbing cream wear off- turns out it caused her veins to be too constricted. They brought in a more experienced nurse and she got Rylee's in on the first try and Rylee barely made a sound. She slept through the whole thing mostly. After the nurses left, I got her back into a deep sleep, and then another nurse showed up to take her vitals, completely uncovering her and waking her up! REALLY?! could they not plan this a little better?! Finally, got her back to sleep again... and then the neuro nurse came in and YELLED across the room asking me about Rylee's leg tremors. Ummm hi? Sleeping baby in the room, no need to YELL.
Then, came Wednesday.... we couldn't feed Rylee after 3am, due to the anesthesia she was going to get for her MRI. My little polar bear doesn't like to wait for food.... that was rough. Paul and I had to take turns bouncing her around to keep her happy. The neuro nurse came in and took the ridiculous electrodes off her head, which was more hellish than them putting them on. She still has the glue stuck in her hair and on her scalp :( Her pretty hair is all kinds of matted. Then they let Paul and I accompany her to the MRI room. We got to stay with her until she fell asleep, and then they kicked us out to the waiting room. This is when I lost it. It was the first time she's ever been left with a stranger... really anyone other than my mom.... I was crying before we reached the hallway. It was very difficult and all I could think was all of this just because she might have a reaction to Zantac!
Finally, they brought me my baby girl... we were the last people she saw before going to sleep and the first people she saw when she woke up, so she never knew we weren't there thankfully. They said the MRI looked great and that we could go home.
Looking up side effects of Zantac last night we found tremors and restlessness listed in every page for an overdose of the Z. OVERDOSE?! I'm thinking she might have just been allergic to it or the dose was too high for her. She is completely off all AR medicine now and she seems to be doing OK. Spitting up a lot more, but she doesn't seem to be in pain.
I will meet with her pediatrician on Monday and the neurologist the following Monday for the final reports, so we will find out for sure then.
Well, she's awake from her nap :) Time to cuddle wherever we darn well please!
No comments:
Post a Comment